Natural Nutrition is primarily about promoting health through following a holistic, functional medicine approach. Functional medicine is personalised medicine that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease. It is a science-based field of health care that is grounded in the following principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes “patient care” rather than “disease care,” following Sir William Osler’s admonition that “It is more important to know what patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has.”
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors.
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other. For example, we now know that immunological dysfunctions can promote cardiovascular disease; that dietary imbalances can cause hormonal disturbances; and that environmental exposures can precipitate neurologic syndromes such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Health as a positive vitality – not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance health span.
- Educating instead of medicating.
At Natural Nutrition, we acknowledge the extraordinary healing power of ordinary things like natural nutrition, pure water and optimism. We believe the cornerstone of health is a healthy diet consisting of unrefined (unprocessed) wholefoods eaten in the right balance. To further achieve optimum health, the body should be free of toxicity – such as heavy metals like mercury, chemical toxins, parasites, fungi, pathogens and negative thoughts. We encourage regular exercise, adequate rest and sleep, making use of natural complementary healthcare and developing spiritually. Natural Nutrition is a holistic healing system using the power of nature, and it is considered an art, science and philosophy.
Our primary focus is advocating an unprocessed wholefood diet, eaten in the right proportions. Various health conditions have been alleviated time and time again by supplying the body’s need for essential nutrients, only found in whole, unprocessed food. Nevertheless, over the past several decades, the western world has been moving away from consuming whole, natural foods and more towards the quick and easy conveniences of modern food preparation. This has had a devastating impact on the health of our society and will have an even greater impact in the years and generations to come.
A natural wholefood diet should comprise of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, whole grains, legumes and pure water. Lean organic meat, fish, free-range poultry, eggs and limited organic dairy should also be included. Although animal products should form part of the diet, plants must comprise the foundation of your meals to obtain a superior level of natural nutrients. Vegetables should therefore be our main source of carbohydrates. However, pasta, bread, cereal and sweets are likely the primary sources. They are all processed and refined, therefore lacking essential nutrients.
Processed, pre-packaged, refined, artificially flavoured and/or coloured, preservative-laden, chemically treated, irradiated or genetically modified foods are strongly discouraged. These foods lack the nutritional value of unrefined wholefoods and they contain a plethora of synthetic additives, which further depletes the system of essential nutrients.
There is no “perfect diet” applicable to everyone. But there is a simple, pleasant and easy way to eat better. Natural Nutrition is committed to educate and support you to achieve your maximum health potential. We are committed to sustainable living and care about the future of our planet.